GIBS STUDENTS/FACULTY ACCESS e-BOOKS VIA GIBS/UP LOGONS
Access GIBS / UP Book catalogue from = http://explore.up.ac.za/search~S3 Using TITLE, AUTHOR, KEYWORD
- Strategic IQ: Creating Smarter Corporations by John R. Wells Jossey-Bass © 2012 (328 pages) ISBN: 9780470978283 – How can leaders help their firms to act more intelligently? This book identifies the key sources of inertia – strategic, structural and human – and provides practical advice on how they can be overcome to create smarter corporations
- Talent Economics: The Fine Line Between Winning and Losing the Global War for Talent by Gyan Nagpal Kogan Page © 2013 (224 pages) ISBN: 9780749468484 – Bringing workforce analysis, management practice and strategy together, this book decodes what it takes to attract, retain and develop today’s employee, highlighting new approaches to manage a more aware, assertive and mobile workforce.
- The Better Mousetrap: Brand Invention in a Media Democracy by Simon Point Kogan Page © 2013 (296 pages) ISBN: 9780749466213 – Providing a provocative and insightful glimpse into the brand and advertising strategies of some of the world’s leading companies including Google, Apple, Nike, McDonalds, Twitter, Bing, Facebook, Disney and Coca Cola, this book explains how and why certain brands succeed in our digital world.
- The Definitive Executive Assistant and Managerial Handbook: A Professional Guide to Leadership for all PAs, Senior Secretaries, Office Managers and Executive Assistants by Sue France Kogan Page © 2012 (264 pages) ISBN: 9780749465827 – Containing helpful tips from award winning assistants and industry experts, this guide provides best practice advice on meeting the demands of the 21st century administrative professional’s role, emphasizing personal leadership development.
- The Influence Game: 50 Insider Tactics from the Washington D.C. Lobbying World that Will Get You to Yes by Stephanie Vance John Wiley & Sons © 2012 (196 pages) ISBN: 9781118271599 – Sharing 50 forthright tactics that have successfully moved America’s notoriously inert Congress to action, this book will help you better understand proven strategies that will get you past being heard to the real goal of being agreed with.
- The New Power Base Selling: Master the Politics, Create Unexpected Value and Higher Margins, and Outsmart the Competition by Jim Holden and Ryan Kubacki John Wiley & Sons © 2012 (234 pages) ISBN: 9781118206676 – Based on data from a comprehensive sales survey in the sales training industry, along with over 50,000 deal reviews, this book will help salespeople quickly outfox the competition, impress customers with unexpected value, and achieve new levels of professional success.
- The Professional’s Guide to Business Development: How to Win Business in the Professional Services by Stephen Newton Kogan Page © 2013 (200 pages) ISBN: 9780749466534 – Presenting a systematic approach to the development of your business and the growth of your organization, this book offers a repeatable and scalable methodology to develop partnerships between professional services providers and their clients.
- The Street-Smart Salesman: How Growing Up Poor Helped Make Me Rich by Anthony Belli and Janine Dreyer John Wiley & Sons © 2012 (220 pages) ISBN: 9781118313190 – When you start out with nothing in life, every misstep can cost you dearly; but that lack of a safety net can hone your judgment and create precision radar for opportunity. This unflinching memoir teaches how the survival skills of the honest poor can be used to maximize success in sales.
- Timeless Leadership: 18 Leadership Sutras from the Bhagavad Gita by Debashis Chatterjee John Wiley & Sons © 2012 (224 pages) ISBN: 9780470824276 – Using an ancient religious text to highlight and explain key Western management concepts, this book explores the leadership ideas in the Bhagavad Gita and helps managers and leaders apply them to modern business life.
- Train Your Brain for Success: Read Smarter, Remember More, and Break Your Own Records by Roger Seip John Wiley & Sons © 2012 (238 pages) ISBN: 9781118275191 – Offering a proven strategy for succeeding and becoming a record-breaking performer, this book will show you how to condition your mind to move toward success by discovering greater memory power and fundamental techniques for boosting reading speed and comprehension.
- What’s Stopping You?: Why Smart People Don’t Always Reach Their Potential and How You Can, 2nd Edition by Robert Kelsey Capstone Publishing © 2012 (278 pages) ISBN: 9780857083074 – Offering readers a hard look at the quality of their careers and personal lives, this brutally honest guide presents a set of seven steps designed to help readers map out their actions, and attain what once seemed elusive milestones.
- Win with Advanced Business Analytics: Creating Business Value from Your Data by Jean Paul Isson and Jesse Harriott John Wiley & Sons © 2013 (398 pages) ISBN: 9781118370605 – Uniquely focusing on integrating multiple types of big data intelligence into your business, this plain-English book is filled with case studies across a variety of industries and provides the essential concepts and framework to implement business analytics.
- Yes, I Can! Using Visualization To Achieve Your Goals by Robin Nixon Capstone Publishing © 2012 (298 pages) ISBN: 9780857083104 – Using the power of creative visualization and other well-understood psychological techniques, this practical book is filled with five minute exercises to help you lead the fulfilling life you’ve always dreamed of.