If you want to retain your high-potential employees, you have to get involved in helping them plan their careers.
WarForTalent– “Customizing opportunities to each employee requires that leaders understand their people’s goals, motivations, and values. It’s a simple process, but very few leaders do it—or even know how to do it. Don’t believe me? Take a look at these questions and answer them for one of your direct reports:
- What are your proudest accomplishments and biggest disappointments? Why?
- What activities energize you and drain you?
- How would you force rank the following rewards: financial gain, power and influence, lifestyle, autonomy, affiliation, intellectual challenge, competence, recognition, other?
- If you died tomorrow, what would you want your legacy to be?
- What is your five-year career goal? If you don’t have one, what’s your “best guess”?
See on www.strategy-business.com